I have enjoyed learning and documenting how to embroider using the tools and resources learnt in class. However, I wish I had had more time to pursue more ambitious projects. In the future, I would like to learn stitches for lettering.

I liked all my projects, but my favourites are the hearts I did for Valentine’s Day and the embroidery card. My least favourite, the socks. I think the flowers do not show that well, and the petals are not proportional.

In some way, my inquiry was a representation of online learning. I learnt everything via YouTube. I was surprised by the number of embroidery tutorials available online, which makes embroidery accessible to everyone. The YouTube catalog is immense and you can learn anything using it.

This an example of one of many embroidey tutorials

Another aspect I liked about my inquiry is that it was not expensive.  The material I bought at the beginning of my inquiry lasted till week 10; I still have material to keep practicing. I also liked that the projects did not take more than 2 hours per week, which was great because I had more assignments to complete.

How will I use embroidery in the future? I think I would like to make Christmas cards, and I would like to try making a notebook cover. As I mentioned before, I would like to learn how to embroider letters, or quotes. As my project progressed, I realize that in the future I could use some of these mini projects in my classroom (Christmas’s or Mother’s Day crafts) or, as Kasey mentioned once, I could also use this for home economics lessons.

I imagine that using a blog to document an inquiry could be appealing for students, especially to those in intermediate grades. I think they would like to take pictures, organize, and personalized their blogs to express their ideas and personalities. The blog also helps teachers assessng and collecting evidence. A blog is useful for students to keep track of their educational/personal growth during the length of the course. 

Overall, this inquiry has inspired me to learn new things and to be persistent, even though, things look overwhelming at the beggining. You only need practice, patience, and dedication. Additionally, I have reflected on the accessibility that technology creates in our life, and what an excellent educational tool can be if used wisely.

Thank you for being part of my inquiry,

R.