🙂 Learn Teach Repeat 🙃

Week 7

In today’s class, we learnt about Assistive technology. Tracy Humphreys from BCEd Access was our guest speaker. She talked about accessibility and inclusion in our classroom, as well as resources for teachers and parents.

I found this conversation helpful and I am looking forward to learning about tools or apps that we can integrate into the classroom, that can serve students, parents, and teachers.

In the second part of our class, we learnt about how to add subtitles and make our posts accessible to everyone.

Here is the example I did on youtube and an image we used to practice how to add a description to our images.

This video is from a previous science presentation
Two person standing on grey floor looking at the quote "Passion led us here" written on the floor. The quote represents how we decide on becoming educators
Photo by Ian Schneider on Unsplash

I like how schools are integrating technology as a tool for students to learn. I also like that minority groups have been included and taken into account to promote and ensure learning.

1. kstockli

Hi Reyna,

This is a great summary of what we did in class. I would like to hear more about your thoughts and maybe critiques on how assistive technology is used in the classroom. Personally I haven’t seen it much which makes me wonder if teachers are unfamiliar with these things as well or if I would see it more in classrooms that include students with IEPs but I think a lot of the things that were included (accurate subtitles, contrast on slides, etc.) would be beneficial to most students.

The subtitles on your video turned out great. They were accurate and easy to read.

-Kasey